Origins was a relatively good show. I received a few individual commission requests (hopefully they follow up soon), and I generally had a good time.
I had a lot of time to reflect on the drive home, and I learned a few lessons along the way:
- Get your prints and clearbags before the show. Buying bags locally can get pretty pricy.
- Make sure you have enough prints of your popular pieces.
- You never know which pieces will be the most popular.
- The most sought-after piece will change from day to day. Sometimes it will be the cynical piece, other times it will be the one you poured your heart into.
- Bring a tacklebox filled with all of the general tools that you may possibly need:
- 3-5 different kinds of tape
- EVERY type of signing pen and regular pens
- tape measures
- whatever else you can think of.
- Make sure the event organizers know how your name is spelled. This allows them to spell your name correctly if you win an award.
Again, I had a great time, and I’m champing at the bit for Gen-Con.
The comments are closed.
Submitted in: Comics